Why you need to re-register and what you need to do
Why am I being asked to do this?
- We're changing our EUR partner bank following the ongoing technical issues with our partner banks for EUR cards and accounts. Our new EUR accounts sit with Banking Circle and the new EUR cards are Mastercard® Corporate Cards.
- We operate in a regulated industry and need up-to-date information about our customers. As we have a new partner, you need to verify your company details in our portal. We will be with you every step of the way to make sure you're set up for success.
Who is your new EUR partner bank?
- Our new accounts sit with Banking Circle and the new EUR cards are Mastercard cards.
What do I need to do?
- Log in to your Juni account and complete the steps indicated in the portal.
- Company info: reconfirm your company information, incl. source of funds. This should be one of the following: the latest filed accounts, income statements, balance sheets or 1-month-old bank statements.
- Identity: validate your identity via our new third-party provider, iDenfy. You need to have your physical passport, identity card or EU/UK driver's licence ready for this process.
How long will it take?
- This shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to complete.
How long will it take to get the account reviewed?
- We will review your submitted information as soon as possible with the aim to have you set up and running within 10 days of submission.
What documents do I need to provide?
- Proof of identity: passport, identity card or EU/UK driver's licence.
- Proof of source of funds: latest filed accounts, income statements, balance sheets. Both audited and unaudited are fine.
- Confirm UBOs (Ultimate Beneficiary Owners): if you are not a director or person with significant control (i.e., CEO), a person with signing power would need to complete the company verification.
What do you mean by "source of funds"?
- This refers to the money used to fund your business. It is a requirement that we understand how your business makes money and how your business is funded. We can accept Monthly bank statements (no more than three months old and from an official Bank that contains both incoming and outgoing transactions).
Is this a legal requirement?
- As Juni operates in a highly regulated environment, we are expected to comply with specific regulatory requirements and financial standards. We, therefore, need all our customers to go through this short process to ensure the information we hold on you is up-to-date. As we have a new partner, you need to verify your company details in our portal.
- Note that we cannot give you access to EUR or USD accounts or 2% cashback before you complete your verification.
What happens if I don't do it?
- We'd really like you to continue using Juni's products and services, so we'd like to encourage you to meet the requirements as soon as possible. Failure to complete these steps will eventually result in the regrettable closure of your account.
Why do I have to sign a PDF document once I've submitted my information?
- Once you've submitted your information, you will receive an email with a PDF to sign. This is to confirm that the information you have shared with us is accurate.
Will the new EUR account and Mastercard cards be the same as my old EUR Juni account and cards? Are there differences?
- Your EUR account and cards will not be the same, and your previous ones will no longer work. This is because we have a new EUR banking partner. Our new accounts sit with Banking Circle, and the new EUR cards are Mastercard cards.
- You will be able to transfer your funds from your old EUR account to your new one. We will let you know when you can do so as soon as possible.
- You can create new Mastercard cards, top up your new account and use it for all your EUR spend with 2% cashback for your first 30 days and up to 1% cashback thereafter. Cashback is awarded on all eligible card spend.
- Send in money from an external bank that is not in the name of your business
- Send bank transfers out
- Create spend limits
- Canceling your card
What is better?
- Our new partner bank has a number of new benefits! For example, you can transfer money in 24 currencies into your Juni accounts, and we can auto convert it to the currency your account is in. You also now have access to accounts in additional currencies such as USD and SEK. DKK and NOK is next. Stay tuned!
What about my GBP accounts and cards?
- Please note that GBP cards and transfers are not affected. You can continue to use GBP accounts and cards as per usual to carry out transactions, payments and receive money.
When will USD be available?
- USD is now available!
What IBAN will I be assigned?
- You will be given a Denmark IBAN. Your new IBAN will start with DK followed by a unique 16 digit number.
How do I top up my new EUR account?
- Once you have created your EUR account, use the IBAN and transfer money from your external bank account to the IBAN. If you transfer in currencies other than EUR, we will convert that money to EUR before depositing it into your account.
- Note, as this is a corporate bank account, you can only receive money from your own corporate accounts. You shouldn't transfer from your personal accounts.
- You can also pay in money from payment gateways such as Stripe.
What currency does my EUR account accept?
- We accept 24 currencies into the EUR account. All incoming transfers will be converted to EUR. These are: AED, AUD, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HRK, HUF, ILS, JPY, MXN, NOK, NZD, PLN, RON, SAR, SEK, SGD, TRY, USD and ZAR. However, please note that we only accept money from the EEA, USA and the UK. Money sent from other countries will not be accepted on Juni.
Can I create EUR cards?
- Yes, you can create EUR virtual Mastercard cards just as you would create any EUR or GBP virtual cards. You will not be able to set spend limits or cancel your card at the moment. This will be coming soon!
Can I export EUR transactions?
- Yes, you can use the export functionality on the 'Transactions' page to export any transactions, including EUR.
Can I transfer between 2 new EUR accounts?
- Not at the moment. If you create 2 new EUR accounts, you will not be able to move money between them. This is because we do not support sending money from the new accounts at the moment. We are working on bringing this to you soon and will let you know as soon as this is possible.
How many EUR accounts can I get?
- You can create up to 10 EUR accounts. We have limits in place to prevent IBAN fraud that are common in the world today. If you need access to more accounts, please reach out to our support team.
The Juni Mastercard card is issued by Payment Card Solutions (UK) Limited pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.