Connect your Gmail account with Juni and save precious time by auto-matching all your Facebook Ads, Shopify and TikTok receipts with their corresponding Juni transactions.
Here are the steps to enable the integration:
- Log in to Juni on app.juni.co
- Click on “Integrations” in the left menu
- Here you’ll see a list of all your current integrations
- To add an integration, click on “+ Add integration”
- Choose Gmail from ‘Popular integrations’ or search for ‘Gmail’
- You should now be able to connect by using your Gmail credentials – whether it’s an invoicing email (email@example.com) or your own business email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Once connected, your receipts for Facebook Ads, Shopify and TikTok will now be automatically fetched and matched to the corresponding Juni transactions
If you would like to retroactively fetch receipts up to 6 months ago, click on 'Manual sync' after setting up the integration
Frequently asked questions
Can I connect more than one Gmail account?
- Yes, you can integrate multiple Gmail accounts with the same Juni account – from your main business email account to an email invoicing mailbox. We recommend connecting any of your Gmail accounts with the relevant receipts in them.
Which receipts will be automatically matched?
For now we’ve enabled receipt matching for the following:
- Facebook Ads
We’re also working towards adding more providers as we develop the integration.
How does Juni guarantee compliance with data security laws?
- Juni will not process your data for any purpose other than to provide you with the service described above. We will only share or transfer this data if (a) this is necessary to provide or improve user-facing features that are prominent from the requesting app's user interface, (b) to comply with applicable laws, or (c) as part of a merger, acquisition or sale of our assets.
- The Gmail connection is automated, which means no individual at Juni or at any of our processors will be able to manually read the Gmail email content data. Additionally, we will discard all data received through the Gmail integration except for the data directly related to those receipts and invoices that we are able to match to transactions.
- Juni's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
What data does Juni retrieve from Gmail?
When connected to a Gmail account, Juni will ask Google to share the following data with us:
- Gmail email metadata, including recipient(s) name and email address, sender(s) name and email address, time sent and received, email subject etc.
- Gmail email content data, including text and attachments.
Does Juni store your emails?
No, we discard all data received through the Gmail integration except for the data directly related to those receipts that we’re able to match to transactions.
Will my regular emails also be uploaded?
No, only receipts that we are able to match to transactions will be uploaded.
How do I revoke access?
If you no longer wish to provide us access to the above-described information, you can indicate that you wish to disable the connection on the Juni platform. In such a case, we will erase any data related to your Gmail Account and no longer collect any of this information.
If you’re experiencing issues with the connection, simply:
- Go to “Integrations”
- Click on the “Gmail” integration
- Go to the tab “Manage Integration”
- Click on “renew now”
If the issue persists, do not hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com and one of our team members will be happy to help.
Don’t want to connect your own inbox?
Set up a forwarding filter in Gmail
If you want to automate the forwarding step above, simply set up a forwarding filter:
- Click on Show search options to the right of the Gmail search bar
- Fill the email address in the From field to fit the e-mail you are receiving the receipts from
- Click on Create filter in the bottom right
- Choose Add forwarding address
- Enter the e-mail address that you would like the receipts forwarded to.
- Confirm using the confirmation code
- You can now go back to Show search options and automatically forward the chosen emails. You can also add a subject line if you wish for example 'Meta receipt'
- Note: the e-mail adress you are forwarding to needs to be integrated with Juni Gmail feature